Another Republican ‘Family Values’ Politician Quits Over Affair
Minnesota Senate majority leader Amy Koch has been a determined foe of same-sex marriage, pushing a state constitutional amendment to ban it outright. According to Koch and the other Republicans touting this amendment, its purpose is to “protect the sanctity of marriage.”
But Koch, like so many other “family values” GOP politicians caught cheating, doesn’t seem to apply the same standard to the sanctity of her own marriage: Sen. Koch quit over ‘inappropriate’ relationship.
Michel and other senators said they had heard from several staffers over the past two weeks that Koch was having a relationship with one of her direct subordinates. They said that when they confronted Koch on Wednesday night, she didn’t admit to the relationship or deny it.
However, Koch gave no indication she would do so right away.
Not long after the news conference, Michel announced that Michael Brodkorb, who was Koch’s powerful communications chief, was no longer employed as a Senate staffer, effective Friday.
Senate leaders didn’t return calls late Friday to determine whether Brodkorb’s resignation was related to Koch’s.
- Another Republican ‘Family Values’ Politician Quits Over Affair (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Married Anti-Gay GOP Minnesota Senate Majority Leader Amy Koch Resigns in Sex Scandal (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- It’s not just the “family values” men who have difficulty with the “values” part. (queerlandia.com)
- Another “Family Values” Politician Resigns Because Of “Inapproriate Relationship” (alan.com)
- WCCO’s Kessler: Koch Allegedly Had Inappropriate Relationship With Senate Staffer [UPDATED] (brickcity.wordpress.com)
- Republicans Behaving Badly: Part 3,847 (bilerico.com)
- David Weprin, Sleazy Rabbis & Dirty Tricks Ed Koch (theageofblasphemy.wordpress.com)
- Family-Values Politician Bought Gay Sex Shop Wares With Taxpayer Money [Polidicks] (gawker.com)