Random Notes From the GOP Clown Show
This is getting embarrassing. First you have Mitt Romney claiming that Rick Santorum is too liberal and does not have “the fiscal conservative chops” that he, Mr. Flip-Floppin Conservative, has. Then Santorum fires back in typical schoolyard one-upmanship by claiming that Romney is a socialist.
I find it interesting that he [Santorum] continues to describe himself as the real conservative. This is the guy who voted against right-to-work. This is the guy who voted to fund Planned Parenthood. This is the person who voted to raise the debt ceiling five times? […] Rick Santorum is not a person who is an economic conservative to my right.
Little Ricky’s response.
I didn’t back Romneycare, which is a government takeover of one-sixth of the economy,” Santorum told conservative radio host Mark Levin on Monday night, pointing to his own work with Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) on health savings accounts during the Clinton administration. “When Mitt Romney’s solution to a healthcare problem is to take over one-sixth of the economy, you can’t call yourself a conservative,” Santorum said. “You can call yourself a socialist, but you can’t call yourself a conservative.
These guys are duking it out to see who’s going to be the last clown standing in a battle of witless wonders.
Most depressing thought for Republicans has got to be the good possibility that this stuff is going to carry on all the way to the Tampa convention.
(The base source photograph for the above illustration is a Library of Congress digital image. The Mitt Romney source photograph is a Creative Commons licensed image from photographer Gage Skidmore. )
- Mario Piperni on Repug Retreads (seniorsforademocraticsociety.wordpress.com)
- Rick Santorum says he’s so conservative, Mitt Romney might as well be a socialist (dailykos.com)
- Rick Santorum Calls Mitt Romney A ‘Socialist’ Because That’s Just A Word We Use Now (mediaite.com)
- Santorum on Romney: ‘You can’t trust him to tell the truth’ (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Rick Santorum boasts of $1 million haul since winning southern primaries (dailykos.com)
- Mario Piperni on Gingrich-Santorum (seniorsforademocraticsociety.wordpress.com)
- Mitt Romney says he’s so conservative, Rick Santorum might as well be a liberal (dailykos.com)
- Announcing Operation Hilarity: Let’s keep the GOP clown show going! (dailykos.com)
- The Case for Crazy: What the GOP Would Learn by Picking Rick Santorum – The Daily Beast (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Mitt Romney rules out losing Michigan: ‘That won’t happen’ (dailykos.com)
- Daily Kos Campaign Meddles In GOP Primary, Aiming To Keep ‘Clown Show Going’ (mediaite.com)
- Huntsman Climbs Out of the GOP Clown Car (bilerico.com)