Religious Brainwashing Liberty University Is Not A Real School
At the end of “Real Time” Friday night, Bill Maher lambasted Liberty University, the Virginia religious university that has become a mandatory stop for Republican presidential candidates.
“You can’t expect me to believe anything Mitt Romney said last week at Liberty University, because a) he’s a liar and b) Liberty University isn’t really a university,” Maher began. “It’s not like an actual statesman visited a real college. It’s more like the Tupac hologram visited Disneyland and said what he would do as president during the Main Street Electrical Parade.”
Romney delivered Liberty’s commencement speech on May 12.
Maher noted that Liberty teaches “creation science,” and the idea that earth was created 5,000 years ago. “This is a school you flunk out of when you get the answers right,” he joked.
Much as conservatives believe gay marriage cheapens their own vows, “I think a diploma from Liberty cheapens my diploma from a real school,” he continued. “I worked really hard for four years and sold a lot of drugs to get that thing.”
Liberty’s diploma may look real, Maher said, but “when you confuse a church with a school, Maher went on, “it mixes up the things you believe — religion — with the things we know — education. Then you start thinking that creationism is science, and gay aversion is psychology, and praying away hurricanes is meteorology.”
Watch the whole clip above.
- Bill Maher Says Liberty University Is Not A Real University [Video] (inquisitr.com)
- Bill Maher: Liberty University Is Not A Real School (huffingtonpost.com)
- Bill Maher Knocks Liberty University: It Cheapens My Degree From a Real School (crooksandliars.com)
- Bill Maher: Liberty University Giving Out Diplomas ‘Cheapens’ Everyone Else’s (mediaite.com)
- Bill Maher on Liberty University (educationclearinghouse.wordpress.com)
- Bill Maher Has No Interest In Your Bullshit Religious University [Video] (gawker.com)