D’Souza’s Sad, Pathetic Wingnut Desperation To Tear Down President Obama
On my weekly segment on the Nicole Sandler Show, Nicole jokes that I watch the Sunday shows so her listeners don’t have to. One of our C&L regulars, Mugsy, watches them too and is a very visible presence on Sundays. He also took upon himself the unenviable task to watch wingnut toadie Dinesh D’Souza’s cinematic claptrap “2016” so you don’t have to. Mugsy methodically broke down all the manipulations, gross deceptions, and blatant lies.
And there are so many….
The film starts out with D’Souza talking about himself and how different his life was growing up in his native India yet how differently he views the world today despite that. Then he proceeds to talk for the next 90 minutes about how life in Kenya… a country D’Souza admits Obama never lived in… must have shaped Obama’s attitudes about America. I find myself wondering, how is it that D’Souza can imagine himself to be so radically different despite having been raised in India (a former British colony), but President Obama’s entire world view is the product of a culture in which HE had never lived? Just one of the major inconsistencies in “Obama: 2016″.
Oh you silly liberal with working critical thinking skills…this is clearly not a movie for you.
D’Souza twice claims Obama “wants to turn the Falkland Islands over to Venezuela”, but a Google search turns up nothing other than President Obama choosing to “remain neutral on the subject of Falkland sovereignty, irking Great Britain.” I’m not even sure why this is suddenly an issue. But clearly, it’s just one more sign of President Obama’s deep hatred of anything connected to Great Britain. It’s not like the Falklands were ever involved in a war or anything, right?
For some odd reason, D’Souza suddenly concedes that Obama: “Increased NASA’s budget”, but “lowered their horizons from ‘a return to the moon’ to ‘reconciling with Muslims’.” (huh??? Yeah, read that as many times as you like, I promise it won’t make any more sense.) He returns to this point later towards the end of the film. See below. Here, D’Souza is clearly blaming Obama for the discontinuation of the Shuttle program, which was actually discontinued under the Bush Administration. In fact, the Obama Administration EXTENDED the Shuttle program by two missions
See, I don’t know that any actual facts will penetrate through this level of derangement. Mugsy did an amazing job, including clips from the film.
Go check it out, if for no other reason than to remind yourself that there is no lie too big, no project too stupid, no low too low for conservatives to stoop to smear the African American Democrat in the White House. Then give Mugsy thanks for watching that piece of excrement so you didn’t have to.
- D’Souza’s Sad, Pathetic Wingnut Desperation To Tear Down President Obama (crooksandliars.com)
- The Fall of “Family Values” Hypocrite Dinesh D’Souza | Conservatives and Christians Living Their Lies (theageofblasphemy.wordpress.com)
- Big Love at King’s College: D’Souza’s Mistress Was Also Married (crooksandliars.com)
- Dinesh D’Souza Resigns Over Alleged Affair. UPDATE: Mistress Was Also Married (alan.com)
- Dinesh D’Souza Resigns From Post As President Of King’s College In New York (huffingtonpost.com)
- Dinesh D’Souza Shared a Hotel Room With a Woman Who Was Not Mrs. D’Souza (observer.com)
- Dinesh D’Souza, ‘Obama’ Filmmaker, Under Investigation For Illicit Relationship (huffingtonpost.com)