As Hurricane Sandy Strikes, Mitt Romney Wants to Drastically Cut Federal Disaster Relief
As Hurricane Sandy prepares to slam into the east coast, threatening disastrous flooding for millions of people, we should mention that Republican candidate Mitt Romney wants to drastically cut federal disaster relief programs like FEMA.
And we should also mention that the Republican Party’s 2011 spending bill slashed the budget for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, cutting $700 million intended for an overhaul of America’s aging weather satellite system
- Romney Has Said He Wants To Privatize Disaster Relief Because The Debt It Creates Is “Immoral” (alan.com)
- How Romney And Ryan Would Severely Impair Disaster Relief Efforts (thinkprogress.org)
- Why Romney’s not ready for Hurricane Sandy (tv.msnbc.com)
- Remember When Mitt Romney Called Disaster Relief Immoral and Wanted to Privatize It? (politicususa.com)
- As Hurricane Sandy Strikes, Mitt Romney Wants to Drastically Cut Federal Disaster Relief (littlegreenfootballs.com)