BECK ON ROMNEY’S LOSS: ‘MAN, SOMETIMES GOD REALLY SUCKS’ –
David Edwards reports:
“Conservative radio host Glenn Beck on Wednesday declared that Mitt Romney’s loss to President Barack Obama proved that ‘sometimes God really sucks.’
“As it was becoming apparently that the president was going to be re-elected on Tuesday, Beck had told a panel on his Blaze TV network that ‘the body of America is even sicker than I thought it was.’
“’Twelve years ago, I could say with real assurance that I knew who Americans were,’ he explained. ‘And I can’t say that any more.’
“During his radio show the next morning, Beck told listeners that he had realized Romney was going to lose while praying before the polls opened on Tuesday.
“’Man, sometimes God really sucks’ the radio host lamented. ‘I got up yesterday at 3:00 in the morning and I knew. And I couldn’t sleep and I started to say my prayers and I got up and kneeled down by the edge of my bed and I knew that — or I suspected that my mind’s not God’s mind, and the peace and the comfort that he had given me and so many of my friends was not about an election.’
Beck on Romney’s loss: ‘Man, sometimes God really sucks’ – what are your comments?
Beck on Romney’s loss: ‘Man, sometimes God really sucks’
By David Edwards
…He added: “Just like those Christians that rolled up the Dead Sea Scrolls and put them in pots. I don’t know what happened to those Christians but they hid them. They hid them and they preserved them because it was important. The Bible was never wiped out, but the people who originally wrote the Bible were scattered.”
But in the weeks leading up to Tuesday’s election, Beck had repeatedly said that God was orchestrating Republican nominee’s path to the presidency.
Speaking to his radio listeners in September, he insisted that Romney’s poll numbers had fallen as a part of a plan from God to make it obvious to the American people that divine intervention was responsible when Republicans took the White House in November.
The conservative radio host later speculated that Romney had lost the final debate because he was “being guided” by God to be “less contentious” and agree with President Barack Obama.
- Obama Defeats Romney In Presidential Election (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mitt Romney Hearts ‘Refreshing,’ ‘Statesman’ Glenn Beck (newshounds.us)
- Nate Silver Takes A Victory Lap After Obama Re-election (huffingtonpost.com)
- Beck Acts as a Bridge Between Romney and Evangelical Christians (nytimes.com)
- What’s Behind Glenn Beck’s Last Minute Cameo at a Romney Rally (theatlanticwire.com)
- Romney ‘quietly courted’ Glenn Beck (maddowblog.msnbc.com)
- The Dangerous Apocalyptic Visions of Mitt Romney and the Mormon Theocratic Edifice | The “war that’s coming in to kill all the Jews” (theageofblasphemy.wordpress.com)
- Beck: God ‘guided’ Romney to lose final debate (rawstory.com)
- Mitt Romney’s Insane Mormon Apocalypse Rant Caught on Video | In Mormon Prophecy Jesus To Rule the World From Missouri (theageofblasphemy.wordpress.com)
- Beck on Romney’s loss: ‘Man, sometimes God really sucks’ (rawstory.com)