Adviser: Romney Was ‘Shellshocked’
Details are now leaking out about what it was like in the final hours of the Romney campaign: Adviser: Romney ‘Shellshocked’ by Loss.
Romney was stoic as he talked to the president, an aide said, but his wife Ann cried. Running mate Paul Ryan seemed genuinely shocked, the adviser said. Ryan’s wife Janna also was shaken and cried softly.
“There’s nothing worse than when you think you’re going to win, and you don’t,” said another adviser. “It was like a sucker punch.”
Their emotion was visible on their faces when they walked on stage after Romney finished his remarks, which Romney had hastily composed, knowing he had to say something.
Both wives looked stricken, and Ryan himself seemed grim. They all were thrust on that stage without understanding what had just happened.
“He was shellshocked,” one adviser said of Romney.
- Adviser: Romney “shellshocked” by loss (cbsnews.com)
- Romney shellshocked, because he believed his own bullcrap (dailykos.com)
- Adviser: Romney Was ‘Shellshocked’ (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Mittenfreude (tbogg.firedoglake.com)
- Bubble boys (digbysblog.blogspot.com)
- RomneyBot Meltdown: Said to Be ‘Shellshocked’ By Loss (pensitoreview.com)