Michele Bachmann Back on the Intelligence Committee, Still Spouting Conspiracy Theories
Last year, after Michele Bachmann launched a smear campaign against Hillary Clinton’s aide Huma Abedin and alleged that there had been “deep penetration” by the Muslim Brotherhood in high levels of government, People For the American Waylaunched a campaign to get Bachmann kicked out of the House Select Committee on Intelligence. On the Intelligence Committee, she has special access to sensitive national security information, which probably shouldn’t be in the hands of a fear-mongering conspiracy theorist. But this week, Bachmann announced that she had been reassigned to the Intelligence Committee, despite the protests.
Back in July, we published a rundown of Bachmann’s worst conspiracy theories. Since then, she’s added to her repertoire, claiming that President Obama has “enforced Islamic speech codes here in the U.S.” and is intent on imposing Sharia lawat home and abroad.
You can sign PFAW’s petition to remove Bachmann from the Intelligence Committeehere.
- Bachmann Compares Letter From Muslim Advocacy Group To Hitler’s Manifesto (thinkprogress.org)
- Michele Bachmann Iowa Staffers Still Unpaid (huffingtonpost.com)
- Bachmann retains intelligence assignment despite protests (triblive.com)
- One Year Later, Michele Bachmann Still Has Not Paid Campiagn Staffers (alan.com)
- Group Plans Pushback As Bachmann Reappointed To Intelligence Committee (huffingtonpost.com)
- MSNBC analyst: Bachmann on Intel committee ‘an embarrassment to the U.S.’ (rawstory.com)
- Michelle Bachmann’s Tenuous Grasp On Reality Loosens Even More (addictinginfo.org)