Beit Din Ruling Meant To Block Testimony In Haredi Molester’s Criminal Trial
This was originally posted on March 16, 2010.
I’m re-posting it now because this ruling was cited in the Baruch Lebovitz trial, and even though it was, the Brooklyn DA did not prosecute the beit din judges for witness tampering and intimidation.
And now that the DA is about to prosecute Samuel Kellner for allegedly extorting Baruch Lebovits’ son Meir, even though the evidence the DA has against Kellner seems to be trumped up, I thought it would be a good time to remind him that there are other haredi criminals who need to be prosecuted, men who intimidate witnesses and harass victims. And here you have hard evidence against one of them. I hope you use it, Joe.
Please click to enlarge:
PSAK DIN – JUDGEMENT
In the matter of the dispute-matter between the sides, that is Mr. ____ Side A the plaintiff, and between Rabbi Berl Ashkenazy shlit”a (should merit to long good years??) the defendant, side B, after the (sides) disputants agreed to heed the judgment of the dayan signed below, and after listening to the arguments and counter arguments of both sides, and after sorting out the facts and the halacha (Jewish law) ,the following ruling went out.
A. There is no obligation from side B to side A.
B. In contrast to this, it is forbidden for the young man (bochur) _____ to inform on side B (Rabbi Ashkenazy) to the courts (because) [that] he (talked on his heart) [tried to persuade him] that he should leave the courts, which is according to their laws a grave crime, and there is an obligation on side A to do whatever is in his ability to deter the above mentioned young man from this (mesirah) [informing].
C. Side B accepted on himself of his free will that he is prepared to help the above mentioned young man with whatever is in his ability to encourage him to go in good ways, however he will begin with him after the above mentioned young man will remove himself altogether from the courts of the goyim also in other matters.
And there are no more arguments and counter arguments between the sides, only peace to us and to all Israel.
And on this I applied my signature in the 9th day of Shevat 5769
Says Israel Meir Makovetzky, Dayan
- Beit Din Ruling Meant To Block Testimony In Haredi Molester’s Criminal Trial (failedmessiah.typepad.com)
- Haredim Advocate Banning Math (failedmessiah.typepad.com)
- UK Haredi chief caught telling alleged victim not to tell police about abuse (timesofisrael.com)
- Activists Seek To Ban Haredi Rabbis’ Pronouncement On Upcoming Elections (failedmessiah.typepad.com)
- Channel 4 programme asks: do rabbis cover up abuse? (thejc.com)
- Conduct of Rabbi Chaim Halpern affair is ‘a farce’ (thejc.com)
- What Haredim Don’t Understand About The Weberman Verdict (failedmessiah.typepad.com)
- British Haredi Leader Caught On Video Telling Alleged Child Sex Abuse Victim That It Is Forbidden To Report The Crime To Police (failedmessiah.typepad.com)