Blasphemy is Bullshit
It is a clear demonstration of an imaginary deity’s impotency and incapacity to do its own bidding when humans have to make edicts to defend its alleged hurt pride. Blasphemy laws are more about the insecurity of the believer than an attempt to protect a god. Any god in need of such human intervention is a god not worth its salt.
People all over the planet are being threatened, imprisoned, tortured and killed by religious fanatics for daring to make comment about the veracity of religious magical thinking. This is one of the worst aspects of accepting mythology as fact. It turns humans into mob-ruled ideological monsters willing to destroy the lives of others in protecting their own doubts and fears.
Replacing freedom of expression and speech with legally binding penalties for a myriad of subjective notions is a recipe only benefiting tyrannical religious/political systems.
I urge all rational and reasonable people to strongly oppose any attempts at having blasphemy initiated into law anywhere on the planet.
Atheist Foundation of Australia
- Clerics Propose Amending Blasphemy Law (newsweekpakistan.com)
- As UN meets, apply pressure against blasphemy laws (csmonitor.com)
- Special Report #5: The Victims of Blasphemy Laws (blasphemieblog2.wordpress.com)
- Meet the LSS: Charlie Klendjian (lawyerssecularsociety.wordpress.com)
- Little to Celebrate for Pakistan’s Non-Muslim Minorities on Independence Day (cnsnews.com)