The Great Scandal: Christianity’s Role in the Rise of the Nazis
For several years, since my last spate of blogging in 2009 – 2010, I have been preparing a collection of essays on Christianity’s role in the rise of Fascism and National Socialism in order to exonerate atheism and secularism, whose names are repeatedly sullied by the faithful in order to deflect attention away from their own gross failings of morality and resistance to radical evil.
American physicist Victor Stenger’s excellent addition to the New Atheism cannon, God, The Failed Hypothesis: How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist, briefly mentions Christianity’s complicity with Nazism in its chapter discussing human morality. Stenger cites palaeontologist, researcher and author Gregory Scott Paul’s three articles that were published in Free Inquiry magazine about 10 years ago: “The Great Scandal: Christianity’s Role in the Rise of the Nazis.” I have learnt a great deal from Paul’s articles and they have been instrumental in my research for my own essays on the topic.
The articles are available to view on Free Inquiry magazine’s website, although the format is not terribly reader-friendly.
I have transferred the text, including the photographs and captions, into Word Documents, which I have uploaded to this blog in PDF:
Enjoy and learn.
- Victor Stenger: Showing God Does Not Exist (huffingtonpost.com)
- Atheism in the Literature: September 2013 (greenfille.wordpress.com)
- Greek fascists arrested by police – read statement from Socialist Workers Party in Greece (SEK) (socialistworker.co.uk)
- Protests force Greek government to turn on fascist Golden Dawn (socialistworker.co.uk)
- Nazi Bride Schools: ‘These girls were the nucleus of the Reich’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- Lone Jew in Austria’s Far-Right Party (blogs.forward.com)
- King Christian and the Yellow Star (blogs.forward.com)