Republican Doomsday Cult
Sure, it seems extreme, but extreme times call for extreme cartoons. When you have the Republican Speaker of the House threatening a national default, food stamps being slashed while farm subsidies are increased and an attempt to defund a program that has been in existence for four years, things have gone to crazy-land.
Of course, Senator Ted Cruz has gotten all of the attention because he is the most, well, annoying, and he is disliked by Democrats and Republicans in true bipartisan fashion. Rest assured, though, there are plenty of other loopy annoying guys in Congress. Senator Cruz wasn’t the only one who voted to take $40 billion from food stamps while shoveling money over to farm subsidies.
And don’t worry, I spend plenty of time going after Democrats like that mean ol’ commie pinko Obama, it’s just that when a political party gets taken over by extremists who are ready to hit the doomsday switch, I’ve got to cartoon a little louder. Let me know what you think, and be sure to comment, share and nail the cartoon to your nearest telephone pole.
- News Behind the Toons
- The Cult of Congressional Republicanism (politicalirony.com)
- Has Ted Cruz already moved to quash emerging Senate deal to end the Republican shutdown? (dailykos.com)
- One Look At These Emails, And You’ll See Why Republicans Let Ted Cruz Lead Them Off A Cliff (businessinsider.com)
- A Federal Budget Crisis Months In The Planning – NYTimes.com (huffingtonpost.com)
- King Moves to Topple Ted Cruz (hispanicbusiness.com)
- “Make 2014 a Referendum on Republican Radicalism” (goodolewoody.me)
- GOP: Lemmings Or Doomsday Cult? (lezgetreal.com)