Why Does Texas Hate Women?
Now that a federal appeals court has reinstated most of Texas’ Draconian abortion law, Hillary’s statement defending reproductive rights and family planning takes on an even greater significance. One third of abortion clinics in Texas will shut down immediately, forcing women seeking abortions to travel hours to seek proper medical care. Gov. Rick Perry has stated on a number of occasions that the clear goal is to abolish abortion in Texas.
In her 2009 statement, Hillary spoke of witnessing suffering in third world hospital waiting rooms where women were “fighting for their lives against botched abortions” and where “denial of family planning consigns women to lives of oppression and hardship.” Why would anyone believe that the same would not apply to Texas or any other state where the goal has been to abolish abortion and defund Planned Parenthood? Why would anti-choice organizations who profess to care about women’s health, go out and push for legislation which history and empirical data shows does the exact opposite. Reducing women’s health choices seriously endangers women’s lives.
What is wrong with these people and why do they hate women so?
- Mario Piperni and Texas Women (seniorsforademocraticsociety.wordpress.com)
- Why Does Texas Hate Women? (mariopiperni.com)
- Anti-abortion extremists urge kidnapping of women on way to clinic (richarddawkins.net)
- Anti-Abortion Christian Activist Urges False Imprisonment Of Women Seeking Abortions (burntorangereport.com)
- Anti-abortion extremists urge kidnapping of women on way to clinic (secularnewsdaily.com)
- Planned Parenthood Takes Texas Abortion Fight to Supremes (bloomberg.com)
- Texas women turned away at abortion clinics after court ruling – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Texas abortion clinics stay open following ruling (boston.com)
- Fed judge: Texas abortion limits unconstitutional (newsday.com)